Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Reactions to the "Green Drink"

I wish that I had brought my camera or, even better, my video camera! I introduced Spinach as the vegetable of the week. We passed around a leaf and each child pulled off a little piece to try. They were surprised as we began putting the spinach leaves in the blender. They heaved a sigh of relief when we added sweeter things, pineapple juice and banana. One group of students in particular makes me smile. Each student was so hesitant that they would only try a taste, certainly not a full cup. They all waited until each one was holding a cup, at the count of three they all tasted it. You should have seen their faces! Oh, for the video camera! They smiled, licked their lips and begged for full cups of the cool, green, frothy drink. Every student in the group loved the green drink! Mission accomplished, our garden club members are trying local seasonal vegetables, and telling their families about it. Hopefully next week's vegetable goes over just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment